India seen as a pillar of stability , trusted friend , and engine and of growth , says PM
PM narendra Modi on Monday inaugurated 10 th edition of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit , speaking at this occasion PM Modi said that India has emerged as a new Ray of hope amid Global uncertainties , and the world looks at it as an important pillar .of stability , a trusted friend , and an engine of growth in global economies , Prime Minister Narendra Modi said it on Wednesday .
The PM reiterated that India will become the world’s third largest economy in the next few years . He added that the next 25 years will be golden period of the country .
Friend of the world
“ In the rapidly changing world order, India is going ahead as a Vishwa Mitra ( a friend of the world ) , he added that India’s commitment to world welfare , its dedication , efforts and hard work ,are making today’s world more prosperous and secure .
He added that India’s priorities are sustainable industry, infrastructure and Manufacturing , new age skills, futuristic technology , artificial intelligence and innovation , green hydrogen , renewable energy and semiconductors .
PM Modi also praised UAE President Sheikh Mohammad Zayed Al Nahayem, who was the chief guest at this summit .
Shinde’s faction is real Sena : speaker
In a huge setback to the Shiv Sena ( UBT ) ,leader Uddahv Tahckrey , Maharashtra Assembly speaker Rahul Narwekar ruled on Wednesday that CM Eknath Shinde’s faction was ‘ real shiv sena ‘ . He refused to disqualify 30 Shiv Sena MLAs from both sides citing a lack of valid grounds .
Terming Mr. Narwelkar termed the verdict as “the murder of democracy” , Mr Thakcrey said that his party would not accept it , and would move to the supreme court .
Supreme Court earlier had ordered Mr. Narvekar to disqualify around 30 MLAs on the ground of defection.SC had set deadline of January for this .
R- Day : new plan for states , UTs to present tableau
With repeated controversies over Tableau for the republic day parade , the defense ministry has rolled out a new plan : Under the new plan, every state and UT will get an opportunity every three years . This is to ensure equitable distribution. An official source said .
Approximately 15 s tableaux from the states and UTs are selected for the republic day parade each year .
16 states has been chosen to show their tableaux on Republic day Parade , those not chosen has been invited to showcase their tableaux at Bharat Parv at Red Fort from 23 January to 31 January .
I&B ministry suspends Marathi news channel for 30 days
The Information and Broadcasting ministry had suspended the License of Marathi news Channel Lokshahi . The Ministry said that the channel was created as the channel’s operations , including content creation , were outsourced against terms and conditions .
Kharge , Sonia decide to skip Ram Temple event
Congress President Mallikarjuna Kharge , Soniya Gandhi and leader of opposition i. rajya Sabha Adhir Ranjan Choudhary was invited for the Pran Pratishtha ( consecration ceremony ) of Shri Ram temple on 22 January .
Congress in a statement said the temple as “ incomplete “ and that its leaders won’t participate in the consecration ceremony .
The Congress said that the temple at Ayodhya has been a “ political project “ of BJP .
UK to send advanced naval groups for training with Indian forces .
Defense Minister Rajnath Singh is on two day visit of UK .Here he met UK Defense secretary Grant Shapps and announced following :
● The UK Navy will send its Littoral response group to the Indian Ocean Region later this year , with plans for its Carrier Strike Group to visit India by 2025 , Both will operate and train with Indian Forces .
● The UK and India will also embark on more complex exercises , between their respective militaries. A landmark joint exercise will be conducted before 2030 .
● The UK and India are working on electric propulsion systems that will empower future fleets. They also are planning to co-operate on complex weapons production .
● The two nations will also cooperate in Logistical support , joint training and Humanitarian Relief and Disaster Relief ( HADR ) operations .
Majority community staff on the rolls will not dilute minority status of AMU
A seven Judge constitution bench is hearing a petition over Minority status of Aligarh Muslim University ( AMU ) .
On Wednesday the court observed that the mere presence of office bearers from a majority community in some wings of Administration in educational institutions does not dilute their minority character.
● AMU was established in 1875 .
● A five Judge bench in 1967 , held that AMU cannot be considered a minority status .
● In 1981 , Parliament enacted the AMU amendment Act by which AMU was given minority status .
● January 2006 – Allahabad High court , struck down the provision of 1981 law , by which the university was accorded minority status .
● The issue was referred to the 7 Judge Bench in 2019 .
The Center has contended that AMU can not be a minority given its “ national character “ .
The University contends that it was established by the Muslim community for educating and empowering the community , and hence minority status fits .
Armed UAVs in the hands of non state actors a major challenge , says Navy Chief
Navy Chief R Hari Kumar on Wednesday unveiled the first Drishti 10 starliner Medium Altitude Long Endurance ( MALE ) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle ( UAV) ,manufactured by Adani Defense and Aerospace for the Navy in Hyderabad .
It is an indigenously built version of the Hermes 900 UAVs , of Elbit system of Israel , and has over 70 % indigenous content , according to Adani group . The Army and Navy have contracted two Hermes 900s each under emergency procurement last year .
Navy Chief said that Autonomous systems are becoming more and more common but it poses a challenge when it falls in the hands of non-state actors .
Ambani , Adani vows investment at Gujrat meet
The Vibrating Gujarat Global summit started in GIFT city , Gujrat . On Wednesday it was attended by PM Modi , Indian and Foreign businessmen. .
Indian and foreign investors and business leaders expressed their concerns about setting up new project in new age industries such as green hydrogen , renewable energy , semiconductor , and e mobility , data center’s and FinTech , logistics and supply chain .
● Reliance industry’s Mukesh Ambani announced a new renewable factory in Jamnagar will be operational in 2024 .He added in the last 10 years , Reliance had invested more than ₹12 lakh crore in world class assets .
● Gautam Adani announced investment of ₹2 lakh crore in Gujrat in the next five years , focussed primarily on development of green energy park in Kutch .
● Tata group chairman N Chandrasekaran announced that the group planned to build a large scale semiconductor fabrication facility in Dholera .
● Toshiro Suzuki , head of Suzuki Group said that the group would invest ₹35,000 crore to set up a new plant in Gujarat and ₹3200 crore to add a fourth production line in the existing SMG plant .
● UAE based global logistics firm DP World would build a container terminal in Kutch in Gujrat . The firm plans to make new investment of ₹25,000 crore .
ILO warns of rise in unemployment , decline in real wages
Global unemployment rate is set to increase in 2024 , while growing social inequalities remain a concern ,said ILO ( International Labour Organization ) in its “ World employment and Social Outlook report ‘ Trends 2024 , trends released in Vienna on Wednesday .
ILO warns that while Joblessness has fallen below pre Pandemic level , global unemployment will rise in 2024 . Some key points in this report is :
● Joblessness and the jobs gap have fallen below prepandemoc level , but global unemployment will rise in 2024.
● Monetary authorities in Advanced and emerging economies implemented the fastest increase in interest rates since the 1980s .
● The Global unemployment rate in 2023 was 5.1% , only a modest improvement in 2022 .
● Only China , Russia and Mexico enjoyed positive real wage growth in 2023.
Blinken meets Abbas , lays out vision for post war Gaza
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken is on his fourth visit to Arab Nations and Israel after Israel Hamas was started from October 7 .
On Wednesday he met Palestinian President Mahmood Abbas in Ramallah in the West Bank . Mr Blinken told Abbas that the US supports “ tangible steps towards creation of Palestinian state “ , according to state department spokesperson Mathew Miller .
Mr. Blinken on his fourth visit has met leaders of Saudi Arabia , Qatar , Jordan , and United Arab Emirates and Turkey . He said that they are open to contributing to post war plans .
Arab countries are more in favor of “Independent state of Palestine “.
Tshering Tobgay to become Bhutan PM for second time as poll body confirms results .
Tshering Togbay has been re-elected as Prime Minister of Bhutan . Of 47 seats Mr. Togbay won 30 seats .
PM Narendra Modi offered his “ heartiest congratulations to my friend “ Togbay for winning the polls .
Mr. Togabay has promised to boost ties with India , including by developing rail links .
Gunmen subdued after they storm television studio in Ecuador ,issue live threats
13 Armed Gunmen stormed a live TV news show , he put a gun on the news presenter and others present there . No one was killed and police have arrested all the 13 attackers and would be charged with terrorism .
Ecuador is going under turmoil with the Drug Mafia trying to disturb the country .
Earlier Opposition Presidential candidate was shooted before the elections . Traffickers also had put Car bombs in front of government buildings .
There are 20 Drug Mafia operations in Country .
Ecuador is the key transit point between Peru and Colombia which are the world’s largest cocaine producer country .
Houthis attack their largest attack in Red sea
Yemen’s Houthis rebels fired their largest ever barrage of drones and missiles targeting shipping in the red sea . It forced the US and British Navy to shoot down these drones and missiles .No damage has been reported till now .
This was 26 th Houthi attack by Houthis in the Red Sea .